Already a key player within the ‘London-Stanstead-Cambridge-Peterborough Corridor’- a priority growth area defined by CLG, Peterborough’s investment opportunities have been widely documented on an international scale, with a number of high profile businesses relocating to the area. Nine years into a fifteen year, £1 billion redevelopment, the city’s transformation grows from strength to strength; its efforts validated by a massive rental demand – currently outweighing supply by 2:1.
This high grade residential development is prominently located in Peterborough, offering a mix of 97 one bedroom and two bedroomed apartments, all homes will offer contemporary open plan living and dining space with oversized windows (where possible) ensuring maximum natural light. These high grade finishes combined with high quality kitchens, integral appliances and stylish bathroom designs come as standard for Prosperity clients, offering a home with style, luxury and comfort.
- Property type: 3 storey residential conversion
- Location: Peterborough
- Units available: 97 in total, 1 & 2 bedroom apartments
- Guide price: £89,995 to £117,995
- Predicted yield: 8%
Development status: Build underway
Estimated completion date: Ground Floor July / 1st Floor November 2016 / 2nd Floor January 2017
Varity House Site Update
Development now complete.
Varity House Site Update
- Internal walls installed throughout 90% of second floor
- First fix electrics installed in 28/30 apartments
- Electrical containment installed throughout 28/30 apartments and corridor
- Window board installed in 25 apartments
- Kitchen units installed in 18 apartments
- Second fix electric and light fittings installed in 10 apartments
- First fix plumbing installed in 28 apartments
- Ventilation first fix installed in 28 apartments
Second Phase Construction
- Ground and first floor complete
- Second floor phase construction underway
- Internal walls and first fix electrical services installed
Inspection today at Varity House
Ground Floor is completed and handovers well underway!
November at Varity House
- First floor units are having their final finishes done
- Flooring is being laid
- Communal areas are having their 2nd fix decoration
- Prosperity will be visiting site in the next 2 weeks to do their final inspections
Great progress made this week
We’re pleased to report some excellent progress in Peterborough!
Ground Floor – all kitchens and bathrooms are in. Flooring will be fitted end of week
Signage now up on the main entrance which looks great.
Fitted post boxes and accent tiled wall – also looking great!
Car park due for tarmac at the beginning of August
Second floor – plaster work across individual units is underway and the hallways are now really taking shape
Third Floor – partitioning in
Good news onsite at Varity! Things are progressing well and external ground works are ahead of schedule
All units boarded out and plastering nearly completed
Kitchen and bathroom installation underway
One unit completed in its entirety
First fix decorations
Internal and external doors in place.
Partitioning in situ
Boarding out commenced
Ceilings going in
Next 4 weeks
Plastering finished Ground Floor
Kitchens and bathrooms on the G Floor completed
Second fix decoration, G Floor
Plastering started F Floor units
January site update
A lot of activity on site external areas being cleared and levelled
- December Completion is on schedule for this development.
- There are 3 floors and they will complete in stages
- Ground floor end of July 16
- First Floor September 16
- Second Floor November 16
- Starting point is on the ground internally and the partitioning for the individual plots has been installed
- 1st Fix electrics
- New windows fitted
- 1st Fix plumbing
- First Floor works will start in match of this year and second floor works will start in May, working on the premise that each floor will take approximately 6 months to complete.